Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tag I'm It.

Okay I know it has been forever, since I’ve blogged, but I’ve been thinking about blogging, if that counts for anything. Since I got an email saying “Update Your Blog!!!!” from Jennifer (who’s probably just bored and lonely in Utah) I figured I’d better get on posting something.
Also Christina tagged me, and now I must blog about the fourth picture in the fourth folder of my “My Pictures” folder. It seriously took me like 10 minutes to figure out what she was talking about (must have been having a blonde moment), but I eventually did and here is the fourth picture in the fourth folder of my “My Pictures” folder.
I’m sure most of you are like ?What is that? This is a picture of the Drummond Island Ferry taken from the ferry dock on Fourth of July this past summer. This ferry takes you from the “Mainland” to the Island, it holds about 20-30 cars and there is also a place for people to ride that aren’t in cars. Since the ferry runs through the main shipping channel, in the winter the ice is broken up by the Coast Guard Ice Boat. I took this picture when we went down to the docks to watch the fireworks. From the ferry dock we could see fireworks across the channel (about 1 mile) in Detour Village, to the North probably near Sault St. Marie and to the South in Mackinaw.
Here are a few other pictures from our trip. This first is a ship going through the shipping channel

most likely headed to the Sou Locks, the second is Matt and Linden sitting by the campfire

and the third is Matt and Linden on the Black Rock (My Parents Cabin is on Black Rock Point named after this Big Black Rock).

Now I know this is not a very exciting blog, but stay tuned for a very exciting blog about my recent 30th Surprise birthday party aboard the Mobile Boogie with 20 of my closest friends!

3 comments:

Wife and Mama said...

Thank you . . . I need my "Royal Fix"! Surprise B-day party?? I'm on the edge of my seat! :)

Sara T said...

You know, I have never been to Drummond Island. Maybe we can remedy that this summer.

Amanda said...

Erin, FYI....Your surprise party was almost a month ago, get to it lady!