Monday, January 26, 2009

Here it is.

Okay, so I know this is long over due and many of you (not mentioning any names) have been bugging me to get this posted. I will say I started to write this a week ago and then something crazy happened and everything I had typed was gone, de-motivated by that I logged off and haven't been back since. Don't expect this to be all that creatively written or funny, I'm just not feeling it today.
Anyway Matt planned a great surprise birthday party for my 30th birthday. Before my birthday I thought maybe he'd plan something, so I told him, if he planned a party for me that he better not have it at our house, because I'd just be mad the whole time that our house wasn't clean enough. Thankfully he followed my request and didn't plan it for at our house. Instead he rented the Mobile Boogie. I had heard of the Mobile Boogie but never had actually seen it in person. I was totally surprised when we pulled up in the Meijer parking lot and I realized that we were getting on the bus.
All of my friends were there to greet us, it was so exciting! Since 50% of my friends are currently Pregnant, I really appreciated those Prego’s making the effort to stay out all night. And probably the highlight of the night was that my Older Oldest friend Dan drove all the way from Edwardsburg MI to go with us. Unfortunately his wonderful wife couldn’t make it, because she's also pregnant (must be something in the water) and was too sick to come :( So I'm sure you’re thinking what did you do with 20 people and the Mobile Boogie for the night? Well we took that baby to ... where else SONIC! (Yes we drove all the way to Fliiiint). If you’re not familiar with my love for Strawberry Limeade you should check out my Sonic post. Anyway the Mobile Boogie is quite a classy piece of transportation, complete with bathroom and stripper pole, as you can see some people enjoyed the pole more than others. Anyway we had a great time, and the strawberry limeade was sooo good, my only regret was that I didn't get the 44oz. Someone also sprung for a banana split for me, and that was pretty good too.













Everyone enjoying their tasty Sonic dinner.



Matt and Dan breaking the "no dudes on the pole" rule.
Little Brother Charley also joined us.
Mindy and Sara. Ken and Mindy were visiting all the way from Cali, not sure where Ken is in this picture, probably too embarassed to be seen with these two out on the Dance floor.
Heather and Tony. Tony joined the 30 club just a few weeks earlier than I did.



Sheri and Amanda, Nate (Shari's Hubby) was
a party pooper and didn't come out.
Andrew and Shannon











Katie and Lyle
Carrie and Eric
Katie and her fiance Mike joined us. Matt had to be real sneaky to invite her since they had never met before.

Troy and Christina also came (for some reason I don't have a picture of them). Tina was Matt's accomplice. She brought the drinks and snacks and was the contact person if anyone had last minute questions.
All in all it was a great surprise, and I loved that all my friends came out, and that they all managed to keep such a great secret from me.