Thursday, April 8, 2010

Come Sail Away with Me.















Our cruise started out a little Chilly, as you can see here, I had to cover up to comfortably sit by the pool. There were some die hards out there in their bathing suits, and some kids were swimming, but it wasn't quite warm enough for me to do either. The night of the first full day was our formal dinner night. Here Matt and I are standing on the stage in the Theatre. After dinner we went outside for a sunset picture. The first night we checked out the show, we quickly decided it really wasn't our cup of tea. The next night we checked out Karaoke and the DJ was so hilarious we went back every night just to watch him.
Our first port was Progresso Mexico, it is a very small town and didn't really feature much, we spent most of the day on the beach. There were all kinds of people selling things, or I should say trying to sell things on the beach. These little girls were selling necklaces, bracelets and candy. I obliged and bought something. A little later in the day, they came around again, and when I said that I didn't want to buy anything, they poured it on thick with the please, please, please and puppy dog eyes. Ha-Ha, little did they know I have no problem saying no to that every day of my life :) Of course after several hours on the beach you need to use the restroom. I'm sure your thinking, that's what the ocean is for, but that's just not my thing. So we went across the street and paid 40 cents to use these fine facilities. Sadly I think I've been in worse here in the states. Our final stop was in Cozumel, and it was beautiful the day we were there! We did some snorkeling and went to a private beach. The private beach featured hammocks, a floating slide and a floating "iceberg". While swimming out to the floating slide I was reminded just how bad I am at swimming, and made a mental note sign Linden back up for swim class. Here is a picture of Matt with our Ship in the background, the water was so pretty in Cozumel! Each night we ate dinner with a very nice family, the other people assigned to our table went MIA after the first night, which actually worked out great. Of course we couldn't go the entire cruise without trying out the water slide on our ship. I felt a bit silly waiting in line with a bunch of 12 year olds, and the seams of the slide really hurt my back, which is when I realized I'm too old to be going down water slides, at least no swimming was involved.

No comments: