
So our June 5K race was the Dow Run Walk. I did the 5K and Matt ran the 10K. I finished in 26 minutes and 38 seconds, and Matt finished in 44 minutes and 49 seconds. This was also the first 5K race that my Mom and
besty Sara ran in.

They both did great! Linden participated in the tot trot. All week we had prepped her by saying she was going to be in a race, she practiced and was all excited. Come to find out the Tot Trot is an
obstacle course, not an actual race. Linden did a great job, and had a lot of fun hanging out with her friends the
Terbies. After we got in the car she got a little upset because she thought we forgot she was supposed to run her race. I tried to convince her that she had run her race when she did the
obstacle course, but there was no fooling her, I thought I was going to have to pull over and let her run down the sidewalk for a while. But then I offered to stop and get some chicken nuggets, and she forgot all about not running.

She's definitely a girl after my own heart. A week or so after the Dow Run Walk, Matt and I ran in the
Cheesetown Challenge, this race if you hadn't yet guessed, is held in
Pinconning. It was a 5 mile race, and I just went with the goal of actually running the entire thing. Until then I had not ran much more than 3.7 miles. I decided if I ran at a slow steady pace I could do it. I ended up finishing in just over 45 minutes and took 3rd out of 8 in my age group which was a total shock to me. What do you get for placing third in the
Cheesetown Challenge? Cheese of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment