Friday, December 5, 2008

MMMMMMMMM Strawberry Limeade!

For years we have been taunted by Sonic ads on our televisions featuring their yummy looking miniature banana splits, ice cream, burgers, fries and breakfast sandwiches and their wonderful Limeades with miniature square ice. If you are not familiar with these commercials they usually feature two people in a car (outside the Sonic drive in) eating and talking, they are actually pretty funny. My favorite is probably the one where the girl wants to order another ice cream but she’s embarrassed so she tries to disguise her voice, and use her finger as a fake moustache (its probably funnier if you actually see it). Anyway previous to a couple months ago it was always one of my #1 vacation activities to Google the nearest Sonic to wherever we were going, so we could visit it. If you think I’m a weirdo you obviously have not had their Strawberry Limeade (my personal fave). It’s not the food that I love it’s just the drink. Plus they have happy hour between 2 and 4 where all drinks are half price! Seriously if we had one in town I’d go there every day for a 44oz Strawberry Limeade, I’d probably give up my Mt. Dew habit. That’s crazy talk I know. Anyway we are so very lucky to now have a Sonic in Flint (that’s Fliiint if you’re talking to Katie S.). Flint isn’t really a place I have reason to visit often, but luckily it’s on the way to many other places, and only a few miles from Birch Run. Here is a photo of a 44oz Strawberry Limeade that I got on a recent trip there. The only problem with ordering a 44oz Strawberry Limeade from Sonic in Flint is that you have to stop to pee a million times before you get home. But it’s totally worth it!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

you. me. tina. sonic. xmas vacay. (your going to have to call in- sonic emergency)

Sara T said...

You and Matt should totally open a Sonic franchise here...I would totally wear roller skates and serve Sonicburgers for a living.

Banks Family said...

Hi Erin,
We ate at a Sonic Burger ones, in a little town in Texas, called Bandera! They are the self claimed Cowboy Capitol of the world! Cool, huh!
Anyhow, we'd never heard of Sonic Burger so we didn't know to try the Strawberry Limeades or desserts, bummer! We all got burgers and we all thought they were pretty gross. In fact, I remember Sonic Burger being the worst food we ate on that entire vacation, Tee-hee! We have seen those commercials you were talking about and I totally agree the drinks and desserts look awesome! Too bad I didn't know that in 2004! Anyway, I reccomend you stick with the drinks and desserts and skip the gross burgers, lol! Fun story!