Saturday, September 11, 2010

Arc of Midland 5K

This year to get our NU Cheerleaders motivated for the upcoming season, Sara and I signed them all up for a 5K. They were pretty nervous when we broke the news to them, but by race day they were ready to go. Well, maybe they were just ready to get it over with. Besides getting them off the couch before they returned to campus, we really wanted them to experience what it felt like to work hard, and accomplish something they weren't sure they could do, and to experience that together. Our first day together we timed each of them running a mile and then paired them up. Each team would then have their 5k time averaged, and any team that beat the Coach's averaged time won a prize. Sara and I were a pretty good team, only two teams beat us. In any case they all completed the race, and I was so proud of them and they were really proud of themselves.

No comments: