Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stuff I've Made

So lately I've been in a crafty sort of mood. Below are a few things I've made. The first is a Mother's Day present for my Mom. The block with the white drawer pull on top says "My Blessings Call Me Grandma" and the matching block has a picture of Linden and Svetlana. The next picture is of a pair of flip flops I made Linden. While on a shopping trip we saw a similar pair at Gymboree for 12.00, and Linden really liked them. I decided I could make them for a lot cheaper than 12.00, so I bought the yellow flip flops at Old Navy and used various ribbon I had at home to tie around the flip flop strap. I also made a pair for Lindens BFF Em. The Animal blocks I made for my nephew baby Logan (coming soon), his nursery is going to have a jungle theme, and I thought these would be a nice addition, we also used them as decorations at the shower. Also in honor of baby Logan I made some letters that spell out his name. While I was working on the letters, Linden asked me what they were for, and I said remember these are going to be for the baby and she said "oh baby Lego" and I said "no baby Logan" and she said "no LEGO" needless to say I couldn't convince her that the name was Logan. When we were at Ikea last month they had these really cute wall hangings that were material stretched over a frame. So I bought a few of the frames and found some material I liked at JoAnnes, this one will actually be for Linden's "new" bedroom, I have two more to make with different fabric that will go in my bedroom. Stay tuned with a post on the shower and some other things we've been up to.

No comments: