Friday, August 29, 2008

Grace & Loveliness

While in New York I had the Trip of a Lifetime (literally). During this vacation we did a ton of walking, I swear we walked 500 miles (singing but I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more….) and toward the end we were tired, very, very tired. So we must have looked lost, worn out and helpless when this nice little pregnant lady stopped and asked us if we needed help. Since the microscopic subway map we were looking at totally sucked we gladly took her up on her offer and asked “Where is the closest place to get on the Subway?” So she instructed us to go down two blocks and turn right onto Christopher Street.
Christopher street was a very well kept street, tree lined and each tree had a cute little black wrought iron fence around it. I should also mention that it was also a street full of pride (Rainbow Pride that is). While it was not a busy or scary street it had a lot of interesting (to say the least) shops. One such shop (unlike any we have here in the Midland Bubble) across the street from us, had a window display that caught my eye. Of course since my eye was very distracted the cute little wrought iron fence around the tree I was passing caught my toe and there was only one place for me to go D-O-W-N. Arms flailing, stranger screaming and Matt saying (way too late I might add) “Watch Out” I fell, of course I tried to catch myself on what else the tree, which left me with a nice big scrape on two parts of my arm, and my leg got wedged between the bars of the fence, which left me with a big bruise, and a big scrape. My other hand managed to keep me from completely falling in the dirt. It was great comedy and I was glad to have provided Katie and Lyle with something to laugh about (they were laughing with me not at me (I hope anyway)), however my arm still really hurts. Thank goodness I didn’t break anything and thank goodness this scrape is just one of many that are on my body and not my face.

3 comments:

Melbourne said...

Ah....the gays snuck up on ya. They sure do know how to make a neighborhood look pretty! That's why we live so close to boystown:)

christina said...

I would have laughed too. Love the Al Roker picture!

Sara T said...

Did anyone leave a shoe in the hotel room? Did you guys get a trip away from the little one...or is she the one taking all the pictures? I totally want to see Wicked. I think next time we get over by the Chi-town area I am going to go...unless it comes to the Center for the Arts. Hope you are having a great weekend!