and this is what I came up with. Here's a shot, with all my ingrediants on the kitchen counter. I made a lot of different things, but didn't think about blogging this momentous occasion until I was half way finished, so your not really getting a fully detailed account. I made Creamy Chicken and Rice, Chicken, Broccoli, Potatoes with Italian seasoning, Hobo Dinners, Ziti Pasta with Chicken, Chicken Alfredo, Cheesy Ham and Potatoes, Stuffed Shells
,
, and Mini Quiche's.
Some of these were new recipes so not sure how we will like them. Some things I froze in these metal baking dish's but a lot of what I made I just put in Ziplocs, then when we get ready to bake it we can thaw and put it in a glass baking dish.
Some of these were new recipes so not sure how we will like them. Some things I froze in these metal baking dish's but a lot of what I made I just put in Ziplocs, then when we get ready to bake it we can thaw and put it in a glass baking dish. I'm sure your probably thinking this took me all day, but it really didn't. From start to finish it took about 4 hours, although there was occasional breaks for changing diapers and things like that. Of course when I was done I had a dishwasher (and sink) full of dish's but the way I see it, its easier to do a bunch at once than do them every night after I (or Matt) cooks. In the end I had 16 meals to go in the freezer. These will probably last us longer than a month, since we don't cook every night, and there may be some leftovers. All in all I think this might be something I keep up.



4 comments:
I'm going to do this!
My kitchen is not my own. Great idea. I'd do it if I could, however I know a certain Beach Bum who must "create" daily.
Erin I have a book called Once a Month Cooking and then there is a website you can use with it that breaks down your shopping list and stages of processes. Dawn (my PC director) and I did this right before Em was born. Pampered Chef also has some recipes for beef and chicken that are really good if you want to try those recipes (you make up a bunch of beef and then divide it up in to several meals, etc.) I am so excited for you. This is such a great concept...now if only I could plan and make the time to do it!!
I think it's only fair that you send half of that food to me . . . :-) Ok, just kidding. A couple of the recipes will suffice! :-)
Post a Comment