Most anyone who has grown up in Midland is aware of the big final football game of the season between Midland High (Chemics) and Dow High (Chargers). Let me tell you a secret about those Chemics, they are die hard, crazy, over the top school spirited fans. Most people who graduated from Midland High are forever Chemics and would never dream of allowing their child to attend Dow High. That’s how crazy they are. I have to commend them on their Blue and Gold pride, but sometimes their loyalty borders on scary. Fortunately for me I was lucky enough to go to Bullock Creek (and I turned out just fine thank you very much). But after student teaching and coaching for a few years at Dow High, I have to admit I have a little bit of Charger Pride. So of course Linden was born with that Charger Pride as well (must have been all the cheerleading she witnessed while in the womb). So last year for the big game we made her, her first Dow shirt. As you can see she loved it.

At the time the Day Care we were attending had two co-ops from Midland High working there. Of course being of the die hard chemic blood, they couldn’t let our Dow shirt go without retaliation. However as you can see from Lindens face she did not like that Chemic shirt at all.

I guess it’s a good thing we live on the Dow High side of town.
4 comments:
CRAZY...we (Chemics) aren't crazy...I pray for your soul every night because you have been sucked into the dark side. Not only did you marry a WOD, but you actually got involved there....EEEWWWWWW!!! Before we hang out tomorrow I might need to spray you with Lysol to make sure I don't get any of your "doughboy" germs.
Oh, and I should tell that in the pics of Linden (they are are soooo cute...hard to believe she was so little once) wearing the "crapper"...I mean "Charger" onesie she looks like she is gagging herself in the first pic that you guys made her wear that, and in the second pic it looks like she is trying to crawl away...I think she was embarrassed. You really shouldn't do that to her.
Yep, have to admit it. Chemic Pride is an amazing thing to those of us who bleed blue and gold. But I can see how it would be a scary concept for anyone on the outside looking in. But that's ok though! We're secure enough to pull out all the blue & gold for tonight's game!! Go Blue! (Other than, I'll totally be cheering for Dow pom & cheer secretly....) :P
I love Linden. That girl is wild.
Post a Comment