First let me apologize for having not posted anything in FOREVER! I’ve just not had many blog worthy moments lately. Sad really that I have such a pathetic boring life. But this week I got to do something I just love to do, I caught a couple of cheaters in my class that I teach at Delta. I love catching cheaters, because they think they are so smart and so sneaky but really they are just stupid and lazy. I found this week that I love catching cheaters in college even more than catching high school cheaters because college cheaters aren’t going to have Mothers who call me and tell me that their “awesome, precious, super smart, wonderful child would never, ever think of cheating because they have taught them better than that.” Seriously people this has happened to me before (several times) and let me just say to these parents of cheaters WAKE UP, you can train your child in the rights and wrongs of life but ultimately they decide for themselves which values and morals to live by. It has been my experience that parents who so adamantly defend their children really have no clue how their child acts when they are not around. Okay now that I’ve got that out of my system back to my original story. I wanted those cheaters to sweat it out a bit so we began class by typing the Delta College policy on academic dishonesty. After most students had finished this endeavor I had them turn off their monitors (so they were not distracted) and then I began by telling them that apparently there were a couple people in class who thought I was born yesterday and so stupid that I would not even notice they blatantly cheated on their homework, then I went on to say basically anyone who cheated in typing class was just lazy, and that I would completely expect this from a high school class but I assumed a college class would have students with more integrity and maturity. I laid it on real thick for about 10 minutes. Needless to say said cheaters were ducked so low in their chairs I could not see their beady little cheater eyes from behind their computers. Then the next part of their assignment was to type what they felt the punishment for cheaters should be, and I added that the cheaters should probably throw in a couple lines of apology for insulting my intelligence. I got lots of great ideas on how I could go about punishing these evil doers and me and the cheaters had a good little chit chat after class.
The other highlight of my week, or not so highlight was Pink Eye. I’m sure your thinking what my boss said to me “Pink Eye? GROSS! Isn’t that something little kids get? Well let me tell you what I learned, apparently you can get pink eye from just being outside when pollen and junk are floating in the breeze. Luckily I work for a wonderful company with a Nurse right here who gave me some drops and fixed me up for free.
1 day ago


3 comments:
WAY TO GO! Seriously...how do you cheat in typing? Oh, and I love your new profile pic. Linden did such a great job drawing a picture of your family...hee hee!
When your pink eye clears up we should hang. We are pretty much free the next two weekends.
How do you cheat in typing class? That is strange.
copy and paste, duh! wish I didn't have mr. mccan in 7th grade at northeast, slaving over a typewriter.
Post a Comment